Thursday, April 3, 2014

Move on....

Have you ever set out with a new workout plan or a new daily routine only to hit an interruption and have to set your plan aside?

I finally started my new workout plan....set a goal to hopefully run another marathon this year. I began a 90 Day plan with 3 goals in mind and at the end of the first month I would sign up for my next race. Life is good.....I am going to get back into my workout routine! First week went great, completed 6 days of workouts. Second week good, completed 5 days of
workouts....I am feeling good, limiting my sugar and no snacks in the evening. I am into my third week, I am working out as well as I am doing yard work.....feeling good but then I notice my knee is bothering me. It appears swollen, feels like I bruised it or something bit me when I was doing yard work. So I press on and do my Wednesday workout and finish the yard work when I notice my knee is really swollen, I can hardly walk. It hurts so bad I need to take Advil and begin icing. Not a good moment. I am really frustrated. I have been making such progress.....now what? Are you kidding me, I didn't even injure it while running.

So this morning while I am icing my knee, feeling frustrated because my plan is interrupted I hear the Lord whisper to me, Do you trust Me? Do you think I don't know the desires of your heart and the goals you would like to accomplish physically, mentally, emotionally & spiritually? Proverbs 3:5-6 reminds me to trust in the Lord with all of my heart, lean not on my own understanding. In all my ways acknowledge Him and He will direct my paths. And Ps 37:4, says, Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart. To be honest I was not trusting, I didn't understand because I don't even remember injuring my knee so I definitely was not delighting. I was not a happy person and I was not a happy person to be around. As I began reading through our 40 Day study the method Rick Warren is teaching us now is the "personalize it" and "pray it" method in scripture meditation.
 
I begin to personalize one of the verses in the study and it was for me personally..........
Philippians 1:6 -I began a good work in you, (Linda), and I will carry it on to completion. Then Proverbs 3:5-6 - Trust in Me, Linda, with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge me, and I will direct your paths.
I think what God is trying to show me is yes, make a plan, do what you can do and do your best but delight in Me, trust Me and relax in Me....let it go and trust.
 
There are so many things I do not understand and are out of my control no matter how good I think my plan is or how hard I am working at it. I can control my attitude and my response to the many interruptions to this life. I can let it go and trust God........I can Move On. He has a plan for me, He wants me to accomplish my goals and dreams even more than I do because He created me to live life to the fullest and be who God created me to be.                                                            

No comments: